I worked at a local celery farm during high school and graduated from Freedom Baptist Schools in 2004. I met and married my wife at Cedarville University, and graduated with degrees in Accounting and Marketing. After college we moved to the Chicago area, and later moved to Central America to teach at an international Christian school. We returned to West Michigan in 2012.
In 2021, I became a passionate advocate for individual rights after Ottawa County forcibly closed my daughter’s school (Libertas Christian School) and threatened me and other parents with fines and imprisonment for exercising our rights to determine the care and education of our children, and for not complying with certain COVID-19 mandates. These rights are protected by the 1st Amendment, the US and Michigan Constitutions, and the Michigan Revised School Code—all of which Ottawa County chose to ignore, in favor of harsh enforcement of Covid-19 orders and one-size-fits-all policies.
My involvement is not about the past, it’s about the future! I want Ottawa County to retain its rich heritage and secure the blessings of liberty for future generations. I urge you to vote for liberty on August 2, 2022 and elect me and other vetted candidates to represent We The People in Ottawa County.
Advocacy and Non-Profit Experience
- Vice Chair of the Board of Directors, Keys for Kids Ministries
- President of the Board of Directors, Rush Creek Crossing HOA
- Treasurer of the Board of Directors, LCS Foundation
- Precinct Delegate, Ottawa County
- President, BNI Chapter, Grand Rapids (2016-2017)
Memberships & Associations
- Member, Wellspring Church
- Member, USCCA
- Member, MCRGO
- Member, Right to Life
- Member, The Heritage Foundation
- Member, Mackinac Center
- Member, Great Lakes Gun Rights
- Member, Michigan for Vaccine Choice
- Supporter, Great Lakes Justice Center
- Supporter, Michigan Family Forum
- Graduate, Foundation for Applied Conservative Leadership
- Graduate, Americans for Prosperity, GLA 1
- Graduate & Valedictorian, Americans for Prosperity, GLA 2
- Petition Circulator, Unlock Michigan